Receive an indemnification for your cancelled flight
Ready to file your claim? Fill out the form here.
Was your flight cancelled? Then you might be entitled to a compensation. This only applies when the cancellation meets certain conditions and when there are no ‘exceptional circumstances’ such as extreme weather conditions.
When am I entitled to a compensation?
In order to apply for an indemnification for your cancelled flight, your flight has to meet the following conditions:
- You departed from a European airport
- or you departed from a non-European airport towards a European destination, with a European airline
- You were informed about the cancellation less than 2 weeks in advance
- Exceptional circumstances were not the cause of your flight delay
Which compensation will I receive?
If the airline has informed you less than two weeks in advance about the cancellation of your flight, you are entitled to compensation. The exact compensation depends on a number of factors, such as flight distance and the exact time the airline has informed you.
Additional expenses for meals, hotel stays or airport transfer can be recovered from the airline, alongside your compensation.
What can Happy Flights do for me?
Happy Flights is an organization specialized in the rights of airline passengers. We inspire and advise travellers at any point of their journey and help them claim a compensation for their flight issues. Working with us has a couple advantages:
- Spare yourself the trouble of unravelling whether or not you’re entitled to a compensation. We figure it our for you.
- We release you of all the administrative burden that comes with a compensation claim, as we handle it for you.
- If necessary, we defend your claim in court without additional costs
- We work closely together with counsellors specialized in the EU261/2004
No compensation, no costs
At Happy Flights, we work “no cure, no pay”: you only pay for our services if we successfully claim your indemnification.
For a successful claim :
- We deduct 25% commission from your obtained compensation
- We charge an administrative fee of €25 euros per person (both incl. VAT)
- Irrespective of the duration, complexity or juridical procedures.
- Travel insurance with one of our partners? Then our service is for free!
An example: For a flight from Brussels Airport to Denpasar (> 3500km) with more than 3 hours of delay, you receive a net. Amount of € 425 per person, after settlement of our services.
Can I do this without Happy Flights’ assistance?
Of course you can! Every passenger who has a cancelled flight, has the right to file a claim. Unfortunately, airlines make it unnecessarily difficult to passengers to obtain their compensation. At Happy Flights, we make the process
- And carefree, so you can get back to enjoying your vacation.
Already filed a claim with the airline but need our help? In that case, we ask you to formally end your original claim with the airline, so we fully engage in defending your interests.
Already filed a claim with another organization and do you wish to transfer your claim? In that case, we advise you to read the general terms of the organization you filed a claim with, to check whether you can end your claim with them.
Questions or doubts?
Are you unsure whether your flight was delayed or cancelled? Don’t worry. Feel free to file a claim for either one of the possibilities and we figure it out for you!
Are you ready to file your claim? Fill out the form here.