Missed your connection?
Check if you are entitled to a compensation
When am I entitled to a compensation?
In order to have a right on an indemnification for your missed connection, your flight must meet the following conditions:
- You departed from a European airport
- or you departed from a non-European airport towards a European destination, with a European airline
- All flights were booked in a single reservation
- You arrived at your final destination with a delay of at least 3 hours
- Exceptional circumstances were not the cause of your flight delay
What compensation will I receive?
In case you missed your connection and eventually arrived at your final destination with a delay of more than 3 hours, you're entitled to a compensation of up to € 600 per person, depending on the distance of your flight.
|< 1500km||€ 250|
|1500 - 3500km
or within the EU
|> 3500km||€ 600|
The compensation will be halved if the flight is over 3500 km and the delay at your destination is between 3 and 4 hours.
Additional expenses for meals, hotel stays or airport transfer can be recovered from the airline, alongside your compensation.
What can Happy Flights do for me?
Happy Flights is an organization specialized in the rights of airline passengers. We inspire and advise travellers at any point of their journey and help them claim a compensation for their flight issues. Working with us has a couple advantages:
- Spare yourself the trouble of unravelling whether or not you’re entitled to a compensation. We figure it our for you.
- We release you of all the administrative burden that comes with a compensation claim, as we handle it for you.
- If necessary, we defend your claim in court without additional costs
- We work closely together with counsellors specialized in the EU261/2004
No compensation, no costs
At Happy Flights, we work “no cure, no pay”: you only pay for our services if we successfully claim your indemnification.
For a successful claim :
- We deduct 25% commission from your obtained compensation
- We charge an administrative fee of €25 euros per person (both incl. VAT)
- We charge an extra 25% if our lawyers need to get involved
Travel insurance with one of our partners? Then our service is for free!
Can I do this without Happy Flights’ assistance?
Of course you can! Every passenger who has a flight delay of three hours or more, has the right to file a claim. Unfortunately, airlines make it unnecessarily difficult to passengers to obtain their compensation. At Happy Flights, we make the process
- And carefree, so you can get back to enjoying your vacation.
Already filed a claim with the airline but need our help? In that case, we ask you to formally end your original claim with the airline, so we fully engage in defending your interests.
Already filed a claim with another organization and do you wish to transfer your claim? In that case, we advise you to read the general terms of the organization you filed a claim with, to check whether you can end your claim with them.
Questions or doubts?
Are you unsure whether your flight was delayed or cancelled? Don’t worry. Feel free to file a claim for either one of the possibilities and we figure it out for you!